May 20, 2012

The Sweetest Love: Cathy and Nick



Hello SweetSiders,
We are so darn excited for this week since it officially kicks off our 2012 wedding season!  We know how much y'all like to see pictures of our wedding cakes, but we are often asked questions about the couples behind the desserts. If you are as curious as some of your fellow TSS followers, then this series is for you! 

We have asked each of our couples to answer a few questions so you can get to know them. Their answers will be posted the week or two before their big day and you can follow along during the week as we create their cake or dessert bar!  

Now, onto the good stuff; join me in wishing our first couple, Cathy and Nick a Happy Wedding Week! These two are a blast to spend time with, I find myself in such a great mood after each meeting with them. They are creative,  gracious and freaking adorable.  

We are creating two gigantic Sweet Bite Bars for these two along with a center cutting cake that you can read more about below!


 



 
Tell us the story of how you met…

We met when Cathy started attending self-defense classes at Krav
Maga, where Nick is an instructor. I guess you could thank the guy who
tried to attack Cathy in her office building for getting us
together...We became really close friends at first, always going out
to eat together, and finally Nick had the courage to officially ask
Cathy out on a “real date.”
 

Cathy, tell us your favorite thing about Nick…

Nick has always provided me with a safe zone, to be myself and not
worry. He’s honest with me and will call me out if I need it. He’s
so easy to talk to and so real - it’s refreshing! But if I had to
pick one favorite thing...it’s the fact that he’s so funny! We can
laugh for hours together.

 

Nick, tell us your favorite thing about Cathy…

It’s her strength. She’s the strongest woman I know. It’s also
her timing. When I’m at my worst she always does the best things for
me at the perfect moment. And she’s pretty hot too!

 

How did you know he/she was ‘the one’?

Nick: I knew she was the one because even we she saw me at my worst,
she still loved who I was. She was my best friend and I just knew that
I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

 
Cathy: I always had a gut feeling really, but my fate was sealed when
we went on a trip to Los Angeles together (where Nick is from) and I
got to see where he grew up, where he went to school, and then we ate
at so many fun places...and the fact that he took me to see my
favorite singer, Shakira, in concert even though it probably cost him
some “man points”.
 

How did you get engaged?

Nick surprised me with a trip up to Kerry Park on Queen Anne Hill
before the Cirque de Soleil Michael Jackson Immortal show. It’s one
of our favorite places to sit and take in the view. He proposed and
then we celebrated with dinner at the Book Bindery before the show.
Amazing.

 

What are you most looking forward to in married life?

Nick: Actually getting to spend time together! Our honeymoon to South
Africa. Cooking meals together.

Cathy: We work so much that being married will actually mean we get
to see each other more! I’m very excited about that. I’m looking
forward to getting to just relax and live life with him. All the ups
and downs, the little things, the big things - everything!

 

When and where is your wedding?

May 25th, 2012 at Urban Light Studios 
 
 
What is the style of your wedding cake? How did you choose it? 

Simple but fun - Kara helped with all the design aspects of it and we
used my wedding dress as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment