Oct 4, 2011

Thank You and John Deere (Seattle Birthday Cakes)



This past week has been exciting. scary. intimidating. fantastic. Last Friday was my last day in the corporate world; I am now all flour and sugar! This is such a big move for me, but there  is no way it could have been possible without a few key people and teams. So, give me a second here to thank them before I get to the sugar talk….

Mark/SMF/ Hubby – There really are no words to say thank you enough to this handsome fella. He has been with me every step, since day one of cake classes to my biggest cake failures and proudest cake moments. Without him, The SweetSide would not exists. He is incredible and I love him more than the world.

Mom/Momma Bear and Dad – To start, my mom is the reason I am in cake design. When I was a kid she use to show me the tips and tricks to baking and decorating. We have baked more goodies together than I can count and I hope it continues in the future. My parents also graciously allowed me to use their kitchen  as I got my start baking for family and friends. Their kitchen was my classroom/war room.  Thank you for all your love support and oven space!

Lacy and Toby – My sister and brother in law are imperative to the success of The SweetSide. Toby heads up the official tasting team and Lacy is imperative in helping us establish the style and logistics of events. If you would like to see some of Lacy’s AMAZING work as an event planner, head here

My friends at DraftFCB- sent me off well with a  happy happy hour and are incredibly supportive and excited for extra treats to be dropped off at the office. They are also all loyal members of the official members of the official tasting team. They have all kicked around so many cake design ideas with me and are probably a little happy to be able to focus on advertising again now that I am gone. J Elena – in particular has been a Godsend to me and helped me more than she will ever know. Thank you for all your graphic work, support and love these past couple years.  You are an amazing person.

Clients- Unbelievable clients! You have all trusted me when I wasn’t sure I trusted myself! I am a better designer because of all of you and your super creative ideas and love for sugar!


Speaking of clients…lets look at this past weekend’s cake! I have to admit; I think it might be my new personal favorite! Stephanie called me a few weeks ago and wanted a super creative cake for her son’s John Deere birthday. We talked about a couple ideas and here is what I came up with….




















1 comment:

  1. I love this! Hilarious!! Awesome job, plus I bet it was pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete