Jan 17, 2012

The Sweet Seattle Wedding Show (cont II)

Ah, our final post about our fantastic weekend at the Seattle Wedding Show!

 Typically, when we make display cakes, they are to show potential clients  the some of our abilities and styles of techniques that we could implement as we design their cake. This next cake however received so much fanfare, we had brides coming up to book nearly the exact cake on the spot. Now, I love this cake, but I think the fanbase took even me by surprise a bit. Looking at it now, it all makes sense. It is simple, yet detailed...elegant, yet funky...and traditional, yet contemporary. This is the Wispy Cake. 





The final cake that I am going to show you is what we called "The Modern". It is again, a clean looking cake, but depending on where you are standing, can surprise you....take a look. 




A nice stacked 3 tier...



OR...something a little more modern in style with all cakes right aligned.  Interesting hmmm? What way do you like the cake, straight up and down, or stacked to the right? I would love to hear your opinion! 


Well, that brings us to the close of this little Wedding Show Mini Series. I would love to hear which cake has caught your eye the most! If you didn't make it out to the show this year, I stop by next Jan 12 and 13, it is a riot to check out, just be sure to wear comfy shoes :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment