Feb 4, 2012

Dictonary Inspired Cake

Good Morning SweetSiders

A while back I saw this photo on a blog and I haven't been able to get the image out of my mind since.


The pattern that the pages are making is so amazing and simple at the same time. The second I saw it I had cake brain. I knew I wanted to use it as inspiration for a special treat later.

Tonight, I am headed to a dinner party for some other young female entrepreneurs and I decided to take a stab at the pattern for the dessert. Since the party is all ladies, I decided to lighten the color scheme a bit from the photo and add a little gold detailing. I am so lucky to work in an industry where I get to try crazy things like this!  Check out the photos below for my take on the dictionary pages...




What do you think? Can you imagine this pattern continuing around an entire tier of a large scale wedding cake? I am loving the simple, modern, delicate look of it all!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment