Jun 26, 2012

The Sweetest Love: Brittany and Boris


Photo By Rennard Photography 



Eeek!! How adorable is this week's couple??!! Brittany contacted me a few months back and I immediately knew I liked her. She has infectious energy and an amazing love for he handsome hubby -to-be, Boris. 

This romantic international love story is just what we needed on this rainy Tuesday morning... Enjoy! 
 

Tell us the story of how you met…
 
To start off, Boris though having a Russian name is actually a Frenchie. He was born and raised in Normandy, France and came to America on a working Visa when he was 24. It was his first time in the US and to integrate himself into American culture he used Craigslist to find a roommate (Graham) in Capitol Hill.
 
Myself, I am a born and raised Midwest girl from southwest Michigan (Kalamazoo to be exact.. yes it REALLY is a real place, or as we like to say "Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!") I originally came to Seattle to go to UW at the age of 18. After dropping out from pursuing an art degree for about 2yrs, trying cosmetology school for about 8 months, and then working as a manager at a fitness club; I returned to Michigan until I was 24 and able to gain independent financial aid to go back to school in Washington. When I met Boris I was in my first year at The Art Institute of Seattle for a BS in fashion marketing.
 
One January evening in 2009, Boris and I happened to be at a houseparty for a friend of mine from UW. Boris' roommate Graham knew said friend and he brought Boris to the party. After Boris' first try at beer pong and a keg stand, we were smitten :) The rest is "history" as they say.
 
Photo By Rennard Photography 
 
 How did you know he/she was ‘the one’?
 
I was in love with Boris from the beginning, and we spent nearly every day together after our first "official" date. This made him moving back to France in July of 2010 a huge hardship as I was still living in Seattle until I finished my degree. At the end of July, I went to visit him in France. The first morning I woke up at his parent's house (in the countryside of Normandy) and saw his mom making homemade jam in the backyard and his dad climbing the cherry tree behind her to pick fresh fruit for lunch. After that, we spent the week in Paris where I met all of his friends at a picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower. It was during this trip that I realized how much being with Boris had openend my eyes to  whole new world and way of living; I couldn't imagine ever going anywhere else without him. Experiencing things with him by my side makes each and every moment more special and vivid. Without him, it is like living in shades of gray. As cheesey as it sounds, it's almost as if I was Dorothy in Kansas before we met and now I am experiencing the world as she did in Oz-in full technicolor.
 

How did you get engaged?
 
We actually decided to get married after Boris came to visit me here in Seattle from Toronto (where he is currently living) for my birthday last October. When he left, I was devastated. Our relationship was so confused and we both finally realized that we could not live without each other and that marriage was the way to ensure we could always be at the same place at the same time. The next visit Boris made a month later, I was expecting a proposal the entire weekend. FINALLY, at 11pm Sunday night (he was leaving early Monday morning) he made me dinner and sat me down on the couch. He made a heartfelt speech, that I of course giggled at and gave him a hard time about while he told me to "Shhhh" and "Be quie so I can finish!"... smiling at the end, he pulled a GIANT "rock" out of his pocket.. yep it was an actual stone that was tied with wire on an adjustable band that he had bought at Urban Outfitters. His comment was, "Well, you said you wanted a big rock! :)" We laughed, I said yes and then picked out my ACTUAL ring a few months later.
 
Photo By Rennard Photography 

What are you most looking forward to in married life?
 
Living in the same country so we can once again wake up next to each other every morning.

 
When and where is your wedding? How would you describe the style of your event?
 
July 1, 2012 @ the Washington Arboretum and Poco Wine Room. We are doing everything EXTREMELY casual and basing the color scheme on hydrangeas in blues and purples. We are both very interested in fashion, so all the groomsmen and bridesmaids are dressed in a general scheme but with very different colors, patterns, and styles. So, you could call it "purposeful clashing". My dress and some of the decor really throws back to the 1950's that is contrasted with an organic and simplistic modern feel.
 
What is the style of your wedding cake?  How did you choose it?
 
We did a simple two-tier wedding cake that has fresh hydrangeas in the middle of the tiers and on the top. The fun part is that we made a smaller cake and then cupcakes for the guests with awesome frosting that is actually shaped and colored like small hydrangea flowers.
We wanted to do something unique while still working within our budget as our wedding is self-funded. Kara was awesome with keeping to our budget and still offering us ideas that will make the cake/cupcakes all our own!

Photo By Rennard Photography 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Story! Thanks for sharing Brittany and Boris

    ReplyDelete