Jun 19, 2012

The Sweetest Love: Sarah & Andrew

Photo By Anne Julson



Have I mentioned that I LOVE my job? I couldn't imagine anything more fun than creating tasty treats for amazing clients like Sarah & Andy.

I first met Sarah and her (adorable) mom back in January at The Seattle Wedding Show.  They were excited and sweet, just my kind of gals. As I have gotten to know Sarah and Andrew these past 6 months, I like them even more each day. Here are a few awesome things about this couple:

  • Sarah works for a cruise line spending her winters in Mexico (ole!) and her summers in Alaska (Salmon, yum!).
  • Andrew is the one of those grooms that I love meeting with. He has an opinion and wants to share it.... Men- take note, we women like this!
  • These two are not afraid to have a little fun with their cake. One of the flavors their guests will be loving this coming weekend is Margarita (sans salt).
Let's hear what Sarah has to say about these two sweetie pies...


Photo By Anne Julson
 


Tell us the story of how you met…
We met while attending college at Western Washington university in 2005

How did you know he/she was ‘the one’?
I always knew there was something special/different about him...and I was "that" girl in the dorms that he always wanted to talk to.
How did you get engaged?  
On July 3, 2011, we were at my favorite place in the world: my family’s cabin in the San Juans. After over 6 months of teasing me with proposal talk I was really hoping it would be the time and the place. We woke up, bickered about who would play the games on the back of the cereal box, then went to the beach. Andy steered me to the “sunset tree,” which leans out over the water. It seemed the air itself changed as he began to propose. He dropped to his knee and finally asked me to marry him. I said no out of complete shock but of course meant yes! It was perfect without being cliche...what more could a girl ask for!?
Photo By Anne Julson
What are you most looking forward to in married life?  
We are looking forward to keeping each other feeling happy and light in spirit. By laughing our way through the rollercoaster of life we can't go wrong!
When and where is your wedding?
We are getting married at Lord Hill Farms in Snohomish on Sunday June 24th
What is the style of your wedding cake? 
 Our wedding cake is simple, and whimsical. With succulents and peonies as decorative aspects against the wispy buttercream, it feels rustic and romantic. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment