Sep 12, 2012

The Sweetest Love: Katie & Burt


Today's story comes from a couple that I just adore! They are sweet, kind and so fun to sit down and have a good coffee date with! I love the thought and creativity they have put into their day and cannot wait to deliver their cake this Saturday to see how all the details have come together! 


Tell us the story of how you met...   
We met at a bar on Capitol Hill...I was there celebrating a friend's birthday and Burt was standing at the bar drinking a martini.  I struck up a conversation with him and sparks flew!  

How did you know he/she was 'the one'?   
Katie:  I knew from the first or second conversation we had that he was the one.  Our personalities just clicked and he even laughed at my corny jokes:)

Burt:  I knew Katie was the one for me after a long boat trip.  We were trying to dock the boat at the Mukilteo boat launch during high winds and seas.  Katie had to hold the boat while I got the truck and even though there were waves trying to crash the boat into the dock, she managed to keep it from hitting.  When I came back I was sure she was going to be mad and in a terrible mood but she was cheerful and chipper as ever!  That told me a lot about her personality.   


How did you get engaged?  
Burt decided that we just had to try snow camping this year.  We headed out to Stevens Pass for a snowshoe backpacking trip.  After many wrong turns and an exhausting hike, we set up camp right next to the trail.  After getting the tent up, Burt thought it would be fun to do "avalanche drills" with our avalanche beacons.  He buried his in the snow in a dry bag along with the ring box.  I used my beacon to find his and started digging.  When I dug up a bag I was a little confused until I saw the ring box and Burt down in the snow on both knees.  It was very romantic!   

What are you most looking forward to in married life?   
We are both excited that we can spend the rest of our lives together jumping from one adventure to the next.     

How would you describe the style of your event?  
Our wedding is September 15th at the Bybee-Nims Blueberry Farm in North Bend, WA.  We are having a shabby chic/rustic themed wedding taking advantage of the beautiful outdoor location. 

What is the style of your wedding cake?  How did you choose it?
We fell in love with the Lambeth piping style and the beautiful detail that it encompasses. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I recently came across your blog and have been enjoying looking through it! I love that you blog about couples and the cakes your business makes for them, it's a great idea! I realise you haven't updated your blog in a little while, but perhaps I could persuade you to give it a second life?

    I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your blog on Glipho? Glipho is a new social blogging network that aims to promote the writing of its users and help build their audiences. We are trying to establish a creative community at Glipho, and your blog is just what we are looking for.

    As your blog is powered by Blogger, you can simply import all your old posts to Glipho without affecting your existing blog at all. You can use your Glipho account to connect to any other major social network accounts you may own, so you can spread your blog as far as possible. We also use our own social media accounts to promote your content.

    If you're interested check out our website at http://glipho.com and have a look around. Please feel free to ask me any questions, and if you would like to receive an invite to set up an account!

    Have a great day,

    Teo



    Glipho Limited
    14 Suite 3 D
    Docklands Business Centre
    10-16 Tiller Road
    London E14 8PX


    (e): teo@glipho.com
    (w): www.glipho.com

    ReplyDelete